Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sticker Belief

Alexandra proudly parading the giant puppy sticker that barely fit on her dainty forehead.

Alejandro Josue

Walter--I'm still SO proud he aced his exam. This is the little boy that came towards the end of the year. He spent our first few Bible classes together crying--I thought I had lost my gift with children. Thankfully, he warmed up to me after a while :).
One of the things I love about kids is they know they're great. Generally (though not always), kids have a pretty high self-esteem. And my kids absolutely loved stickers. Not because the stickers were so cool, although that was a plus. Not because they were fun, although they could be. But the reason I think kids really love stickers is because getting a sticker from a teacher means you did something great. Not only did you do something great, but other people are recognizing that you did something great too. So it makes sense that you'd want to put that proof of greatness somewhere that everyone would instantly see it and know--like your forehead. Maybe we'd all be a little better off if we still believed in stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment