Friday, June 3, 2011

So I'm Vegan for Good?

It's kind of funny. Since coming to Honduras, I have eaten more meat than I have in my whole life. That being said, I've probably only had meat about once a month or so. I usually only eat meat when others are serving it to me, and I don't want to be rude. It's this philosophy I have, but anyway that's not what I am writing to explain. I'm explaining why I'm probably going to have to be vegan forever now. Thanks, Kadian. haha. Other than a very occasional exception, I am entirely vegan. But like I mentioned, those exceptions come around every now and then usually without any noticeable harm. Today I was not so fortunate.

I went to Pizza Hut with the first graders for an end of the year party. During our two and a half hour trip, I had to deal with bleeding children twice, tears once (and no, it wasn't one of the bleeding children), and I felt many of the protective screams in my mind that must plague many concerned mothers. Bare feet in an indoor jungle gym? Oh think of all the germs and bacteria...! That child has a sucker in their mouth, she should not be playing like that! Those boys are being too rough. NO climbing the slide! Don't they see that sign? It says PELIGRO (danger). Oh, and the kitchen caught on fire somehow. Just your average day out, I suppose. Anyway, after eating I felt absolutely miserable. I ate a few things that didn't help: Ranch on my salad, a hard boiled egg, two pieces of cheese pizza. Yuck. I think this vegan thing might be stuck. I felt nauseas, my head hurt, general weakness and exhaustion. 

I've always thought being vegan is probably best what with all the weird hormones animals are fed, and dairy products not really being so great for your digestive system. But I never thought I could do it. This year has shown me otherwise. However, I kind of wondered if it would stick or not when I got home. This experience has me thinking it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment