Sunday, November 7, 2010

I admire...

People who keep vegan food blogs. Yes, I really do. I thoroughly enjoy browsing them on a peaceful Friday evening, one of the few times that allows for such indulges. Kadian and I love dreaming about what we want to bake, and talk about a few recipes that are actually possibilities while living on a student missionary's budget in Honduras. A myriad of people author these blogs--from caring health-nut parents, to artsy punk rock women, to chefs in France.

As I try to balance time with God, sleep, housework, school, shopping, and all of my many other  responsibilities, I cannot help but think, 'Ah, that's the life! If only I had nothing better to do than cook write about food all day.' (Not to say that these bloggers have nothing better to do, of course..) Life here just keeps getting busier, and keeping in touch with family and friends feels quite overwhelming. The long and short of it is, I'm sorry if you haven't heard from me in a while. I do think of home and all the people there often, but life here demands my attention. Now, I am going to try to check you up on a lot of different things in a series of short (I hope) blog entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment