Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Best Kind of Colorblind

 Since I haven't been blogging, I have been writing in my journal on occasion. Here's one from May 12th:

Kadian sent me one of her third grade students to stay with me in preschool as punishment. Unfortunately, he kind of liked it a lot. Even though I made him do all the actions to our songs, draw on the board (the kids laughed at his lion), and grade papers--he liked the little kids. Plus, his voice is kind of low and he's new, so they feared him a little.

My favorite moment was this, "Miss, what is Miss Kadian for you?"

"What?" I responded, puzzled by his phrasing.

"What is Miss Kadian for you?"

Taking a guess, I replied, "She's my friend. We live in the same house."

"Oh." he said like that wasn't the answer he was expecting. "I thought you were sisters."

As Kadian would say, "Bless!"

Our "twin-ness" is pretty obvious I guess.

1 comment: