Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Flat Stanley's Last Day--Valentine's Day!

I got group pictures with Stanley with all of classes from the day. This is Prepa B. Notice how tame they are compared to the afternoon Prepa A class you'll see later.

My morning kinder class...Not so camera ready ;) lol

We talked about Zacchaeus this week. The kids made the story out of play dough. Fernando did such an awesome job!

Isn't this the cutest Zacchaeus depiction you've ever seen?

Morning Pre-k kids

Andrea meets Stanley

Flat Stanley was pretty lucky to be here on Valentine's Day--it's a big deal in Honduras. Part of first grade's class time was spend exchanges gifts with our secret friends.

The thing is, this was before the sweet cupcakes and sugary punch even got into their little hands.

Some of the sweet first grade girls: (From left, starting at top) Alondra, Liliana, Naomi, Fatima, and Perla.

So happy :)


This is my view from the stairs on my way to the teacher's room everyday when I go to lunch. Prepa kids get pretty excited when they see their teachers.

Afternoon kinder. I don't want to have favorites, but this group is awesome. Flat Stanley is in there, between the Valeria's...He's just a little horizontal, which can be unfortunate when you're so flat.

The afternoon prepa class I told you about? This is them, Prepa A. This is the good picture.

The kids go all out. I received more chocolate than I ever have before. So many cute notes and cards, I felt oh so spoiled.

We had a Valentine's Day party to go to in the evening. There was a gift exchange. Kadian and I made candy platters with homemade fudge.

Woot. All ready to go.
Flat Stanley hanging out by the Bonbons.


Kadian frosting the long awaited for Vegan marble cake.

I sprinkled on the chocolate, would've been shavings, but the chocolate was too cold so it was more like powdery crumbles.

Anticipation!

The cake was a success.

We were happy to see a delightful platter of cookies when we arrived at the Valentine's Day dinner.

Emily looking elegant by the door.

Emily's dad meets Flat Stanley

Flat Stanley and the twins

Flat Stanley and I. Yes, I am fully accustomed to Honduran weather in case you were wondering. I get cold when it's 70 out.

We had a good time with Flat Stanley, he added some spark to an otherwise average weekend. Kadian even got a little caught up in the excitement, but don't ask her. She probably won't admit to it. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Excuse me missy! I did not get caught up in the excitement....I just didn't want to be a kill joy and went along with the flow... :$

    ReplyDelete