Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Am a Preschool Teacher

I adorn my hair with a giant yellow butterfly every Wednesday--it was a gift
The gifts come freely and without hesitation; Valentine's Day left me overwhelmed
Today a Strawberry Shortcake sticker on my sunflower yellow polo shirt
Distracts from the unidentified spots of various food
Food from various precious little faces that wrapped their arms around me
Holding me tight, and though you can't see, my shirt received kisses too
Look down at my pants, smeared with glue from today's project
Below the the knees, scuff marks galore from the dirt on their shoes
Their shoes that brush up as I walk past their desks
My hands are decorated with pen marks, partially due to the fact that I write so much
But more to do with afternoon tutoring pre-k girls at the Hogar
Beside my bed rests a plastic cup with bright yellow flowers picked by a child

I would not not take a detective to guess,
I am a preschool teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment