Saturday, April 2, 2011

I Need a Vacation.

Bad Combination:

Hot weather + missing Sabbath lunch at home + pictures not loading + too much computer time (boredom) + lack of endorphins I normally get ever day around this time from going to the gym + dreading sundown and the next week for that matter =

An Unhappy Emily.

Sundown just means that work begins. We'll probably clean the kitchen, maybe the bathroom too. Sunday means grocery shopping (which is quite the ordeal when you have to walk and go to at least two different stores to find everything), more cleaning, and lesson planning (yuck). The week means working extra subbing for the pre-k teacher as she is very sick with typhoid and already missed all last week. I love my little pre-k kids, but I can only sing about the letter "W" so many times before I want to scream. Last week I didn't get to teach any of my normal classes, and this week I won't either. So I'll have to get all of my lesson plans and papers ready for the week to give to the other teachers so they can teach my classes. And now we won't be able to leave early on Friday and go to El Salvador for the weekend, because I will be stuck at school late every day. And then the whole thing will just start all over again with another Sabbath of missing Sabbath lunch at home and another Sunday full of work.

Semana Santa--You cannot come soon enough. It's really awful. I'm not looking forward to the next two weeks at all. I know this is the time I should be giving it my all, and believe I'm trying, and I really do love my students. But I'm tired, and I need a vacation. We haven't had a day off since Christmas break.This is a bad attitude, a funk, a culmination of a lot of things--I'm sure it will pass soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment