Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Who knew homemade bread could be so easy?

I found the recipe here: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=5732.0
I absolutely love homemade bread; yet, I figured all that kneading was too much work. At home, my mom has a Bosch that does all the hard stuff for you. After Miss Myla had to save us by kneading the runza dough, I just didn't have confidence that bread would go well. Then while searching for supper ideas in Vegweb's most viewed recipes, I came across this beaut. No-knead bread. Really? Truly? Yes, my friends--not only does it exist, it tastes awesome too. I'd recommend only eating it with things like butter, jelly, peanut butter, honey, banana, etc since it has a sweet flavor. Kadian and I ate about half the first loaf as soon as it came out of the oven! You could say we were homemade-bread-starved. We made two more loaves later the same day to (hopefully) last us through the week. We added a few things to our second batch--oats, flax seed, maybe another thing or two that I'm forgetting. I still want to find a less sweet option for sandwiches, but for now my heart is content.

Oh! And one last thing. I made vegan corn bread last night--a big 9 x 13 pan of it. The twins and I had some last night, we all took some for lunch...There is only one little square left in the fridge, and I doubt the poor little guy will last through the evening. Haha. So anyway, if you like corn bread that's soft, sweet, melt in your mouth, this is what you've been searching for. We used corn flour instead of corn meal, because we can't find any here. Also, I added a can of corn. http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=5730.0

Needless to say, I'm not starving or missing "American food" too much. We eat so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment