Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Zombie, a Zombie...

In class today we were singing the song, "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam". I paused the song to make sure my Prepa B class remembered what a sunbeam was.

I heard a lot of different answers, but finally my ear caught the correct one, "Rayo de sol!" Karlos yelled.

"Yes," I smiled happily. "Okay class, repeat: Sunbeam."

Then I noticed Luisito. Uh oh. Class clown title intact, he was pacing around pretending to be a zombie, all the while singing, "A zombie, a zombie, Jesus wants me for a zombieee!"

A couple other boys followed suit. I had to stop them--but I was laughing by the time I understood. Take the word "sunbeam" add a Spanish accent, say it a little fast, plus with the imagination of a six-year old boy, this was inevitable. I couldn't blame them, it did sound like zombie. I did, however, have to correct them. No it's not "sun bee" or "zombie" it's "sunbeaM".

*Sigh* I'll keep working

1 comment:

  1. I can picture a certain boy in my Sabbath School class doing the same thing. So far he has't thought of the word zombie. Don't think I'll repeat this in his hearing.

    ReplyDelete