Monday, April 25, 2011

Roatan!!!

This was the security for the "Galaxy Wave" yacht we took to Roatan. They scanned our bags and everything!

On the boat! Neither of us took the motion sickness medicine they hand out for free. I kind of regretted it later, but thankfully it didn't get worse than an upset stomach.
After grabbing a quick lunch, we went straight for the beach! We changed in the car. It was so relaxing. Sheena (Miss Myla's friend that we stayed with) brought floats. So Sheena, Kadian, Martika (Sheena's 21 year-old niece), and I all floated around and ate mangoes.


We thought that beach had been great, but the next day we went somewhere even prettier! Parrot Tree Plantation Resort lets people come in for free, and as long as you buy some food I think you can pretty much use whatever. The food was so expensive! Pretty normal priced for the US, but This is Honduras. Everything on the menu was even in dollars. We were hungry though, and it was good.



I meant to get in the water...but we were so sleepy! All of us girls napped on beach chairs while Marty (Sheena's 15 year-old son) and his friends went swimming in the pool.

This locations is known for the view.

See? They even have a restaurant :)

The next day we went to another tourist place that had a museum.

Let the turtles live!
And that night after going back to the best grocery store in Honduras (they had American food I haven't seen in 8 month, I got a little homesick), we went out for ice cream! Sheena and I both got chocolate & nut covered coconut ice cream, and Kadian enjoyed some grape sorbe.
This is the room we stayed in at Sheena's house.

Her house is so cute! And it's right by the ocean.

I spent a good lot of time in the hammock. I must get one to take home we me. A hammock = relaxation.

I loved taking naps out here.

This is us right before we left with Marty and their friend Rita that we just met that morning. We had such a fun and relaxing time on Roatan. Sheena was a wonderful hostess, and we felt right at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment