Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kady's Birthday!

 Kadian's 22nd Birthday was on March 29th. Although it was a busy school day, we managed to fit some fun in....
I woke her up with our favorite banana cream pancakes and a smoothie! Well, to be honest, unfortunately the blender woke her up when I was making the smoothie lol. Notice the candle. And I sang to her in my morning voice.

A bunch of her third grade girls were at the door to greet her when we arrived at school.
Emily and Ashley made this awesome bilingual birthday hat for her to wear! This is right before Emily showed it to Kadian.
And this, was her reaction.

She resisted at first.
But after a brief struggle the hat was on!

One of her 4th grade classes had a birthday party for her.
She had to sit in the chair of honor placed in the middle of the room.

I wasn't there to witness it, but I think this was right after they attacked her with confetti.

After that, everything went down hill and kids were all over the floor and making a bigger mess. haha. Gotta love birthdays.
Kadian chatting with Miss Janet
Doña Norma and I
Kadian attacking Miss Wendy.

Miss Wendy retaliating

Oh no! Kadian has the hair tie. Lol. If only the students knew....

This is what I opened my eyes to after I had been relaxing outside. Quite the surprise.

After work, the winning soccer (or maybe it was basketball--let's be honest, sports don't catch my attention) teams went out to Pizza Hut to celebrate. The teachers team and some 6th (maybe 7th too?) graders were there. Rosemari & Melissa

Ashley, Nelly, and Emily. Cia was too tired after her second job. She teaches at the university from 3-5 now too!

Kadian was asked if she would like to dance!

I'm really a little sad that I missed out on this.

However, I was at home sweating away in our ridiculously hot kitchen making Indian food. Chickpea & potato curry with flat bread! Kadian liked it a lot, so I count it as a success. After she got home, we made these delicious chocolate chip banana muffins. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Awww!!!! Overall it was a wonderful day! Thanks sweet!

    ReplyDelete