Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oh Cashew.

So remember that one time I brought home that weird fruit and advised you to stay away from it? Then remember that other time when I took it all back and said it's Cashew fruit, and it tastes good when prepared correctly? Well...Here we are again. Last Sabbath, Kadian decided it was time to try cracking the nuts open. Our plan: smashing them with a rock. I found a way I could sort of crack them open with out completely mashing them by propping them up near the entrance.

And that, kids, is what a cashew looks like before you get it in those nice mixed nuts cans :). Woot.

Nice and close.

All the while, this cashew juice (actually called cashew milk) was squirting out.

I had to pry the second one open a bit.

After the first two nuts, we decided the venture was not worth the effort. My arms and hands started feeling kind of itchy, so I went to wash them right away.
There are a few more, but this is the majority. Unworried, I figured I must be having some mild allergic reaction to the cashew milk. However, after showing Miss Myla, I discovered I had actually burned my arm. Apparently cashew milk burns skin. So now I have about eight little red spots slowing healing (I think). They're kind of itchy. My advice: Beware of the cashew fruit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment