Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Taste of Home

September 15th, 2010: Post-parade. After the parade we enjoyed pina colada smoothies. I really feel like these should have been in something besides tea cups lol.
Then I marveled over the fact that I finally have an umbrella. I've been looking at umbrellas since I first came, and finally a month later, I have one. I'm very happy about this :). I got it the day before, but we were so busy I didn't even open it up until the next day. Too bad I couldn't use it in the parade. Sunscreen is literally about $15 a bottle. So much for the 'Oh, I'll just buy it when I get there' attitude! Don't worry though, I think my parents are sending some.
Wednesday night we had supper with Emily and Ashley. Grill cheese sandwiches, Ashley's homemade tomato soup, garlic potatoes, and leafy green salad (We found romaine lettuce at Del Corral!) reminded me so much of home. It was a delicious, enjoyable, and comfort-type food that we all loved. The twins had never had tomato soup before! We also had some yummy left-overs courtesy of Miss Myla. And who could forget our refreshing lemonade, banana bread, and most of all--the delicious mini chocolate oreo-cream pies that Emily made! I  can't believe I missed a picture of them. This definitely needs to become a tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment