Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Good food, good friends

Rain. Cold feet. Wet feet. Wet pants. Messy hair. Bright yellow shirt. Today I slipped around in my Crocs all the way to school and arrived with an unhappy face. A cheerful, "Miss Emily!!" shouted by a first grader caught me mid grimace, and I realized I would have to get over my bad attitude before I faced my first class of 26 energetic students. Thankfully seeing my students completely brightened my day. One of my kindergarteners gave me this Barbie sticker today. She's the little girl named Emily that I mentioned in an earlier blog. Guess what? When I finally got the class roster I found out her middle name is Nicol. What a funny, strange, adorable coincidence that we both have the same first two names. Her last name starts with an "M" too!


After a long day of school and shopping, there is no better place to be than sitting on my bed. So peaceful. I mostly took this picture so you could see the unfortunate shade of yellow I have to wear each Wednesday. It flatters a lot of complexions...But let's just say it's not a shade I would ever choose to wear! lol. I can never decide--bumble bees, sunflowers, or egg yolk? ha :)

The logo

Our very large dinner tonight! We had two kinds of spaghetti, grated cheese, garlic bread, a huge salad, homemade dressing, garlic green beans, homemade lemonade, and fresh pineapple and yummy apple cobbler for dessert. What an excellent way to spend Wednesday night.

Ashley, Emily, Kadian, me, Nelly, Cia, Melissa (David was really late, but we were nice and saved him a little of everything--even Melissa's delicious Honduran style spaghetti)

Melissa, Cia, me, and David

Ashley, Emily, Kadian, and Nelly

We Emily's really love having our hair played with...*ah* :)

Emily looking super cute with her hair in flat twists.

David didn't want to be left out of the fun ;)

Me with my first hair style courtesy of Cia. The princess look.

Then Nelly got some practice in...They are going to be braiding hair for Las Champas tomorrow! Las Champas is a big celebration of the different parts of Honduras. The schools all have different kind of fundraisers for it. Maranatha is having food, cultural dancing, and many other things I'm sure I'll find out about tomorrow!

David looks like a different person!

This completely changed his look from nice guy to bad boy. lol

Maybe he'll let the girls braid again tomorrow for Las Champas? We'll see :)

Emily wanted to practice too. David was crying for mercy in this picture. Too bad you can't tell through all that smiling.

She practiced on my hair too. Everyone says she pulls too hard, but I promise you, this is not a pained smile. I was still enjoying having my hair played with! :)

Nelly's finished-for-now hair style. So neat!

I'm excited to see what we'll end up doing in my hair for Las Champas tomorrow. We are all going to have some exciting hairdo's! Needless to say, despite my dreary start this Wednesday turned out pretty great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment