Monday, March 28, 2011

Lack of Sleep

When I was little, I begged for it.
Whined for it.
Worked for it.
But my parents made me go to bed.

In middle school, I went to friends' houses for it.
Lived for it.
Laughed at it.
Candy pretty much cured problems.

In high school, it became a way of life.
I got used to it.
Napped to fix it.
And tried to convince myself I was fine.

In college, it seemed inevitable.
I tried to avoid it.
But I had to accept it.
Because those papers had to be finished.

This is my first year of not being a student in thrirteen years.

I decided I could not deal with Lack of Sleep anymore.
But sometimes it sneaks back.

Like a familiar dreary friend,
That clings and brings you down.
Lack of Sleep was tough today,
But I'm not letting it stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment