Sunday, March 6, 2011

Teguc with Miss Myla!

Okay, as some of you know, Steven wrote me a little notebook full of little messages for me to read every Sabbath that I am here. This week he gave me five challenges to help me make the most of my time here. Here they are: 1. Hug every one of your students on a certain day this week (could be the most challenging given my number of students!) 2. Go somewhere that you haven't been yet. Anywhere. 3. Learn something new about the culture, history, etc of Honduras. 4. Try a new food item. 5. Have a deep/long conversation with someone. Thus, when we arrived at the first mall in Teguc and I really wanted to get Subway--I decided (with some prompting from Miss Myla and Kadian) to try something new.

As you can see, this place is the Mama of ALL Baleadas.

I went all out and ordered the hipersupermegagrande one.

First they spread beans and plantains inside, along with cheese on my "half" (it kind of ran into Kadian's side too unfortunately). Then the deep fried it (sooo healthy). Next the guy decorated the top with nice chunks of avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, more cheese since I didn't realize they had put cheese on the inside, and some strange pickled carrots that seem to be a "Honduran" thing. He almost smoothered it in mantequilla, but Kadian and I both stopped him with our simultaneous, "Noooo!"
Wow. Ridiculous huh?

We were both excited to dig in.
It was very yummy, kinda messy, and an overall fun experience.

"Oh my goodness-isn't this the cutest little chair you've ever seen?!!-do they even make little people this small!?"

"Oooo! Look! There's even a cute little matching stool/table thing."

Miss Myla trying on some gorgeous heels!
Attempting to master the little hula hoop.
It was great to escape from Comayagua for a day and visit the "Big City". We joked about being the little country mice going into the giant city. Kind of true. We visited Metro Mall and Multiplaza mall. I bought some new silverware and glasses that were on sale for the house. Kadian and Miss Myla both purchased slow cookers. We also found zucchini, jicama, and snacks. Oh! And I got an awesome cowgirl hat, picture will follow later once I take some.
School tomorrow. Really? It's fun to run away from the normal Sundays of cleaning and grocery shopping. However, coming home to find that the responsibilities are still staring me down seems to be one of those "growing-up" revelations. This weeks is going to be so full! Miss Myla's birthday is tomorrow, Michy might be coming over Tuesday for dinner, dance class every evening, grocery shopping, and--most exciting of all--getting ready to leave for Choluteca Friday morning! Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment