Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hi, My Name is Emily and My Boyfriend Lives on a Remote Isolated Island in the South Pacific.

Steven with his house in the background

Steven with his students

Yoslynn (one of my best friends from 8th grade) and her family--they live on Woja!
Steven. Just saying his name makes me smile. But then I sigh a little, because I miss him a whole lot.

I was able to talk to him on the phone from December 18th to January 4th while he was on Majuro. Pure joy. He is doing really well and loving Woja. He spends lots of time playing his guitar, hanging out with the locals, learning Marshallese (quite impressive), and of course, being a teacher. He is even learning how to cook! I'm proud. His roommate, Elmer, is going to be doing Bible work on a different island. So Steven will have two new Filipino Bible workers joining him sometime this week.


Now only 4 months, 3 weeks, and 2 days until he is home. I'll probably get to talk to him before that--whenever he ends up on Majuro. But for now, it's back to letters. I really love letters.

"Sir, more than kisses, letters mingle souls; for, thus friends absent speak. "--John Donne

...But I can't wait for the day when I don't have to wait a month or more for a response.


  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment