Thursday, January 6, 2011


I got Pixie at the beginning of 8th grade. Sweet tempered, yet full of spunk and very vocal anytime she wanted attention. I'll never forget the first day I brought her home from Earl May's. We heard this crazy noise coming from somewhere in the house--we thought a bird had gotten inside. Turns out our cat was giving Pixie a bad look, and she was going to tell the whole world about it. She saw me through my first boyfriend (well, actually all of them for that matter), my first car, all four years of high school, my first year of college, and she stayed home waiting for me when I left this year to be a student missionary.

I knew it was inevitable; but, I never really said goodbye. Now I can't.

Maybe you think it is silly to feel sad over an animal. All I have to say is, I am sad for you if you can't understand. A pet offers a kind of companionship that humans cannot. If you don't get it, it's probably because you are too much of a grownup. (Go read The Little Prince.)

Home will feel kind of empty without her there.

1 comment:

  1. Nice picture. There is a void at home without the squeaks.
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete