Saturday, January 1, 2011

La Navidad!

My Aunt Sandy, Uncle, and Toby arrived around lunch time on Christmas Eve. My friend that was supposed to pick us up from the airport forgot, so we decided to walk. Not my brightest idea. It is a short distance by car, and really not a long walk either, but with 12 pieces of luggage and busy Teguc streets--it was an adventure in and of itself. About 25 minutes later, we finally arrived at the bus station, a little sweaty and quite worn out. Thankfully, everyone started looking a lot happier after we got some water and food :).

Toby wasn't sure what to do with the whole tortilla and fried chicken thing.

Our friendly bus station.

Waiting to leave Teguc

About an hour and 45 minutes later, we arrived in Comayagua. I rushed Toby inside to find a bathroom, and then Kadian and I got two taxis to hall everything to our house.

My family had packed most of their things in three carry-ons. The suitcases were FULL OF FOOD.

And things like shampoo, conditioner, lotion, my flute!, notes and gifts from Union, etc

Can you believe it? This isn't even everything. I don't think we managed to get all in one place. My bed was covered in things too.

The box from Union was mixed in with all the stuff from my family, but my aunt got a picture of what was from Union so I would know :). Thank you everyone!

It was a tish bit overwhelming. But in a good way.

Fitting food in every spare place in our kitchen.

A WHOLE case of linketts! WOW

We manged to cram a few more things in our fridge, but it was already pretty full with food for Christmas dinner.

We had a nice pancake breakfast on Christmas morning, prepared food for our Christmas dinner, and then went for a walk around the city. My uncle got a kick out of their crazy wiring.

We walked to the central park area first.

Everything was so empty! I think the town must have been sleeping after staying up half the night shooting off fireworks.



Aunt Sandy, me, Toby, and Uncle



Apparently this old tower thing has historical relevance. I don't remember why, but it's neat to know that it has a story.

After the park we walked a few blocks to another cathedral and park.


On the way home we took them by this house. It has an extensive mini village outside it's front window.

I made a pretty fearless leader in my pig tails and tall pink socks, huh? :)

I feel the need to take advantage of all the times I can still pick him up. I know my days are numbered--he's getting so big!

He's a lot more tolerable of my cousinly affection after not seeing me for over 4 months.

My mom sent us all Christmas socks (family tradition at our house). We proudly wore them all Christmas day.

We had a huge dinner with Ashley's and Emily's families. Toby got a little bored after he was done eating.

The missionaries!

We saved our stockings for Christmas evening. Marlene (Steven's mom) and the ladies at her work helped put together a Christmas box for us complete with these special stockings. They even have our names on them!

It was a lot of fun to see what surprises were hidden inside. It made the day feel more like Christmas at home.


We love peanut butter!



All packed and ready for Copan, this is my 'why are you taking a picture right before bed?' face. lol. My room was a little more cozy with an extra bed in it. Kadian let us borrow her bed for the week, the twins gave one of their beds to her, and they shared a single bed! Have I mentioned I have the best roommates? This Christmas was far from the ordinary, but having family with me kept me from feeling homesick.

No comments:

Post a Comment